Tuesday, June 17, 2014



I think the Widow’s gift was significant because shows how the Lord measures our sacrifice and obedience.  The Lord looks more upon quality not quantity and the value of it is based on capability and intent.  The widow, even though she was poor, gave willingly and her sacrifice was an amount very significant to her.

The Lord requires much from us.  He requires us to sacrifice many of our own selfish wants and desires.  He also expects us to do all that we can to build up the kingdom, spread his word and serve those around us.  By doing these things, we show the Lord our love for him.  Loving the Lord with all our heart, soul and mind is the first and great commandment.

The widow gave all that she had, not 10%, not 50%, all that she had.  That is amazing.  It truly is an example of consecration.  She was living by the covenants that I have made to give of all my time, talents and all that I possess.  The Lord requires us to give all and do all that we can for the kingdom of God.  After we have done our best at this, then the Lord comes in and makes up the difference.


I think I could better follow the Widow’s example by giving more service in the church and to those around me.  There is much service to give.  All need to do is be available for the opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment